The Headquarters of Mr.Gilson and The Super 3's. Come on in and see what we are up to.

Monday 29 April 2013

A funny thing happened while reading and I wanted to share it

As a teacher I have the great privilege of working everyday with the funniest, brightest, hardest working little human beings. Some days we need a laugh break. In the past week I have had 2 very good opportunities for a laugh. The first came as a student was giving feedback for a story she read. She told me she would rank the story as a beginner story, when I asked why she said "OK it is about a King...and he is POOR. That makes no sense, Kings can't be Kings if they are poor" I could not help but to laugh. The next day though I would laugh so hard tears may have come to my eyes. While reading in a Guided Reading group another student asked to use my iPad to take an Accelerated Reading Quiz. I asked one of my students to move over so the girl could sit in the corner where my iPad was. The boy looked at me and as I was about to repeat myself said, "No one puts Baby in the corner" You can't make this stuff up. As I laughed he looked at me and asked if I had seen that movie. It was very funny. Moments like these do not come from any other job. I am grateful everyday :) 

-Mr.G

No comments:

Post a Comment