The Headquarters of Mr.Gilson and The Super 3's. Come on in and see what we are up to.

Wednesday 6 November 2013

Rehearsals... a challenge for all

Such a weird week, post Halloween and pre Remembrance day there is a ton going on at the school and still doing a lot of work in the classroom. This week we have talked time and really started to understand the concept. At the start of the week blinking was taking hours and now we know that is called sleeping...  :)

Today we had rehearsals for the Remembrance Day program. First let me say the work that the music teacher and Remembrance Day committee put in to make such a great program is incredible. The gym looks great and the kids musical performances are awesome.

That being said asking 8 and 9 year olds to sit quietly to "practice" for an hour can be a challenge. In our class we have a student who faces some challenges that make just sitting and listening very difficult and they were an absolute star. So was the student that sat beside them and chatted with them through the entire presentation. Answering his questions and just being a friend. I asked this student to watch out for the other as there is a part where they have to move to another door and exit the gym. In the ensuing madness of the exit I was very worried that someone was going to get confused, frustrated or scared with all the people moving and pushing him along. I am a big guy and it was hard for me to not be lost in the shuffle. As panic set in worried about my student I looked up to see a few of my boys and one in particular making a wall to make sure that his friend was not lost, squished or left behind.

I have wondered at what point people start to worry more about themselves than others and I can say today more than ever that I am so grateful for the moments I get to experience and the lessons that I learn from the most fantastic little people that I get to work with. Thanks you parents, thank you students. This is the best job in the world.

Mr.G

No comments:

Post a Comment