The Headquarters of Mr.Gilson and The Super 3's. Come on in and see what we are up to.

Friday 29 November 2013

Something Special

I LOVE TRIBES FRIDAYS. Today we talked about Wishes, Being Special and Cooperation. Some of the wishes were very touching (one wished that my house would sell) and others were cool (wishing to be an animal or live in Florida forever). For our being special activity I asked each student to think of something that makes them special. We had a lot of fun responses. One child however claimed that nothing makes them special and without a second passing one girl shot up her hand and said, "You are my neighbour and no one else can say that" Another a few minutes later said, I have another one for him, he is a really good hockey player" The boy who was once looking very discouraged beamed with a huge smile after that compliment. There is something about kindness being put out without solicitation that really makes for a great day!

I also got to read to a student today that is not very often inclined to do so and it was so fantastic. He even told me about the book after and told others, it was awesome.

Happy Friday

Mr.G

No comments:

Post a Comment