The Headquarters of Mr.Gilson and The Super 3's. Come on in and see what we are up to.

Tuesday 18 December 2012

The no treats challenge

One thing my kids know about me is I love candy haha. So when the rest of my team decided to take up the 21 day challenge with a few alterations mainly just focusing on cutting out candy and chocolate. Now normally I would not have been able to last but I made the very smart call about telling my children about the challenge. Everyday they ask me if I cheated yet. The answer has been no and today was day 18 to which the kids gave a round of applause. Some are quick to point out that eating bread is eating sugar because there is lots of sugar in bread but like I said we made alterations haha.

We had a great day in math and language arts today and are gearing down with 3 days to go before the end of the year. Hopefully we get in a little story writing in the next few days but with the Christmas concert and holiday festivities time is running short.

Today I had kids challenge themselves to a drinking contest (chugging water) I heard about it after the fact but they did draw a comic to illustrate it. I found out what man club is (a group of boys that play on the slide haha) and had my little army of kids for supervision which I enjoy because it gives me a chance to get to know the kids better.

Last day of skating tomorrow, concert on Thursday.

Merry Christmas!

Mr.G

No comments:

Post a Comment